We're recruiting for a senior compliance consultant to join our busy advisory team. Could you be who we are looking for?
OUR VISION, MISSION & STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
Keeping pace with ever changing regulatory requirements, while remaining competitive, presents a significant challenge for financial services businesses. This is an expansive landscape and the nuances of compliance are extremely complex. That’s where we come in.
At fscom we take a commercial approach to help our clients grow their business in a compliant way. We work in partnership with our clients and go the extra mile to understand their needs. Our people have deep domain knowledge and technical expertise.
We are members of the Association of Professional Compliance Consultants and adhere to the Code of Ethics.
The Senior Compliance Associate role specialises in anti-money laundering compliance. Our team advises clients on which regulatory obligations are applicable to their business, including those relating to combating financial crime, and works with clients to develop and implement effective policies and procedures.
Your approach will be solutions-focused and will rely on your ability to apply your expertise while building and maintaining productive working relationships. Your solutions are not only compliant, but they are commercially sound and client focused.
The role is based in Belfast but involves frequent travel to London, which may, occasionally, be at short notice
KEY TASKS & CHALLENGES
We cannot list everything the role entails as it is varied, and adapts to the needs of the business, our customers, and the industry. However, key tasks and challenges you are likely to encounter include:
- Responsibility for maintaining and developing good client relationships
- Ensure a long term commercially sound and client focused approach is developed and adopted
- Work with other areas of the business to develop policy and practices that improve delivery and performance
- Aim to deliver high quality interactions with clients every time, and resolve conflicts quickly and efficiently
- Analyse policy developments and brief the senior management team on your proposed response
- Conduct research and write briefing papers
- Mentor junior members of staff
- Strategically develop commercially focused, client focused and compliant processes and practices
- Take the lead in providing compliance advice
- Assist in managing projects
- Deputise for the head of department when necessary
- Adopt a Continuous Improvement approach to processes and practices to deliver an innovative and agile service
- Ensure your targets and objectives contribute towards the short and long-term success of the business, and deliver against them
- The term ‘compliant’ includes all business, functional, safety, financial, regulatory, legal standards and requirements.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE ROLE
- You are an ambassador for the business, leading by example, and your colleagues look to you for valued support and constructive challenge. More specifically, to perform successfully in this role, you need:
- Significant practical experience in an anti-money laundering role, preferably in financial services and as a money laundering reporting officer (MLRO) or deputy MLRO
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to assess complex information to identify the key messages
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and authoritatively with senior individuals in a variety of ways
- Proven ability to follow a process and related procedures demonstrating initiative to challenge, identify, document and implement process improvements
- Continually seeking ways to improve, adapt and innovate while meeting compliance and commercial requirements
- Ownership of your own actions, responses and delivery against objectives
- Can-Do, solutions focused attitude with a sense of urgency
- Communicate effectively to build relationships with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders
- Understands the importance of being responsive, helpful and a team player
- Leadership style that sets an example and encourages collaborative teamworking
- Flexibility to maintain effectiveness when faced with new tasks and to prioritise work accordingly
WHAT YOU GET FROM THE ROLE
You will have the opportunity to be at the frontline of financial services compliance in a well-regarded,growing consultancy working alongside industry experts and providing advice to leading financial services companies. The role is fast paced and demanding and no two days are the same.
fscom is fully committed to developing expertise so you will have a tailored, structured training and career development plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role.
The deadline for submitting an application is 5pm on 30 May 2017.
Interviews will be held on 12 and 13 June.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Please also submit an equal opportunities monitoring form.