Exclusive opportunity for ambitious graduates, hungry for a financial services career with an industry leading consultancy!
fscom is a specialist financial services compliance company that provides regulatory advice and compliance services to regulated financial institutions. Our full range of compliance services enable businesses to meet their regulatory obligations, from obtaining permissions to ongoing compliance advisory and support.
With offices in London, Belfast and Dublin, we are one of the leading financial services compliance consultancies in the UK. Our clients include a full range of business-types from niche providers to leading technology-driven players.
fscom’s personnel have significant experience of both best practice within the industry and understanding of the regulators’ expectations and requirements. We are members of the Association of Professional Compliance Consultants and adhere to the Code of Ethics.
About the role
We are looking for ambitious graduates to join the fscom Academy on an 18-month training contract (October 2017 to March 2019). As a Trainee Compliance Associate you will work alongside colleagues specialising in the investment, payment services and consumer credit regulatory regimes. Our team advises clients on which regulatory obligations are applicable to their business, including those relating to combating financial crime, and works with clients to develop and implement effective policies and procedures.
There are two positions available. Both are based at our UK service delivery centre in Belfast but there will be frequent travel to London, which may, occasionally, be at short notice.
What does the job involve?
As an fscom Academy Trainee Compliance Associate you will:
- assist in the compilation of applications and notifications to the regulator on behalf of clients;
- identify policy and market developments and brief senior management;
- conduct research and write briefing papers;
- liaise with clients; and
- draft compliance advice on a range of issues, including relevant regulatory developments in the UK and EU.
- Educated to degree level.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to assess complex information to identify the key messages.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to work on a diverse set of projects, prioritise and produce high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office applications.
What will I get from the role?
You will have the opportunity to be at the frontline of financial services compliance in a well-regarded, growing consultancy working alongside industry experts and providing advice to leading financial services companies.The role is fast paced and demanding and no two days are the same.
As a Trainee Compliance Associate you will not only benefit from this excellent practical experience but you will participate in a structured training programme that will enable you to gain a relevant professional qualification, the ICA Diploma in Anti-money Laundering through self-study, paid study leave and mentoring.
The starting salary is £18,000 plus funded technical qualifications, study leave and pension contributions.
There is every expectation that successful trainee compliance associates are likely to be offered a permanent position with fscom on graduation from the fscom Academy.
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role. The deadline for submitting an application by the end of 6 August 2017. Please contact us (028 9042 5461) if you have any questions about the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities. Please also submit an equal opportunities monitoring form.