We’re seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our RegTech Engineering Team.
Senior Software Engineer
fscom builds solutions used by fintech companies to provide a means that allows them to onboard clients quickly and effectively, meet regulatory requirements as well as manage and monitor against sanctions and other areas of compliance risk. In an ever-evolving industry our solutions expand and change and we need engineers who are keen to embrace and deliver this.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our regtech Engineering Team. As such you will be a key member of a small agile cross-functional team working on new features to further enhance our API platform and front end solutions. We leverage leading edge methodologies and tools including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Kanban, Cloud Computing, NoSQL Data stores and several other exciting technologies. This is a great opportunity for someone with a genuine passion in software and a desire to help develop some cutting-edge solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Senior Software Engineer you will be mostly building out our expanding range of regtech solutions, ranging from data rich API’s to UI applications for our customers. You will have a strong working knowledge of the full web stack and have experience integrating with other external APIs:
- Build and ship new APIs that solve our customers’ problems
- Work with our business owners to design and build new UI applications to enrich the data for our customers and offer enhanced metrics and analysis
- Collaborate with engineers and our team members and consultants to solve interesting and challenging problems for fintech companies in UK, Ireland and beyond
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team
- Contribute to technical discussions within the team during the full software development life-cycle
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our development processes through procedure improvement suggestions and removal of obstacles
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
- You have 4+ years of experience developing production level software.
- You are proficient or have experience in most of the following areas: Object Orientated Programming Languages – Java, C# etc. Python/Django Web development SQL/NoSQL CI/CD Unix Cloud computing, ideally leveraging AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- You have experience of working in a close-knit team environment
- You have a solid understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You are keen and have shown potential of learning other programming languages or technologies as needed.
- You are flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code.
Salary - £35,000 - £45,000
Leave entitlement - 25 days holidays excluding statutory